- 337-1 kiyomizu-sanchome sanneizaka kita-iru kiyomizudera-monzen
higashiyama-ku kyoto, 605-0862
- Ph：075-532-4270 Fax：075-532-4271
- Museum Hours
- 10:00am-5:00pm (entrance until 4:30pm)
- Mondays and Tuesdays (except national holidays)
during exhibition preparation periods
New Year’s vacation
* Occasional temporary closures
- General Admission
- Adults : 800 yen
Students ( with ID ) : 500 yen
Children ( ages 6 to 12 ) : 300 yen
Infants ( 5 & under ) : Free
* Groups ( 20 persons or more ) 20% Discount
* Those holding a handicap ID and a companion get a 50% discount
* Groups: if you contact us beforehand by telephone, email, or fax, you can greatly ease your group’s entry.
- By Public Transportation
- From Kyoto Station take the #206 or #100 Kyoto City Bus.
From Keihan Gion Shijo Station, a 20-minute walk, or take either the #207 Kyoto City Bus or the Keihan bus.
From Keihan Kiyomizu Gojo Station, a 30-minute walk, or take a #80 Kyoto City Bus.
From Hankyu Kawaramachi Station, a 25-minute walk, or take a #207 Kyoto City Bus.
Whichever bus you take, the museum is a 7-minute walk from the Kiyomizu-michi or Higashiyama-Yasui bus stops.
- By Taxi
- Sannenzaka Street is closed to vehicles from 10:00 to 17:00 Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays.
During the cherry blossom and autumn seasons (late March to early April, mid-November to early December), Sannenzaka Street is extremely crowded, so we recommend you alight at the nearest possible place.
Inform the taxi driver of the following:
・Route: From Higashioji-doori through Kodaiji Minamimon-doori
to the east, then Sannenzaka
・Closest Spot to alight: In front of Inoda Coffee
Then a one-minute walk north. The museum is on the right.
- By Car
- We do not have a parking lot, but there are nearby pay parking lots.
Also, please take notice that on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, Sannenzaka Road is closed to all vehicles between 10am and 5pm.
- Information for visitors with disabilities
- There is a 10cm level difference at the front of the museum.
- There is no elevator.
The 2nd floor is accessed by stairs (with handrail).
- Wheelchairs and strollers are allowed on each floor.
- There is a western style toilet. (Not enabled for wheelchair access)
- Please inform museum personnel should you need help.
・Museum Shop - Art Shop ‘yuki’
The shop features exhibition catalogues, books related to the collection, items commissioned by the museum, artworks from countries along the Silk Road (especially Turkey and Central Asia) where the metalwork and cloisonné techniques originated, and also Kyoto traditional artworks.
There is a special corner related to the special exhibit, where you might well encounter some pleasant surprises.
※Admission free, if only visiting the shop.
A video is regularly shown about the collection and the art craft techniques represented.
Exhibition catalogues, leaflets, and books in which collection photos appear as well as related materials are also on view.
Chairs are provided for the viewers’ comfort.
※This corner has an admission fee.
・Permanent Exhibition Room
・Special Exhibition Room
Please observe the following
- No food nor drink consumption (including water, tea, candies, chewing gum etc.) allowed in the museum.
- No smoking inside or in the immediate vicinity. Sannenzaka Street is a public non-smoking area.
- Use the umbrella stand for oversize umbrellas. Leave large luggage at the reception desk.
- Set cell phones to silent mode and refrain from talking.
- No speaking loudly as sound reverberates throughout the building.
- To allow the maximum appreciation of the artworks, refrain from touching the glass of the exhibition cases in order to avoid leaving dirty marks or scratches.
- For the protection of the artworks and the collector’s copyright, refrain from taking photos in the exhibit area.
- Use only pencils as a writing implement. Available at reception.
Application forms for various requests
- Usage of photos
We lend photos (image data) of our collection and facility for publishing, broadcast, or research purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com., clarifying (1) the art objects you wish photos of, (2) the purpose, (3) and the user’s name(s).
We will respond after confirming the information.